Tue, Sep 4, 2012
I’d love to claim that this headline was mine BUT I can’t. However, the person who wrote it produced one of the best articles I have read about the stupidity of organisations blocking access to social media and I wanted to share the theme with you.
The author of this great article is Sean. R. Nicholson who explores the Five Hypocrisies of Blocking Social Networking Sites:
1) Smoke breaks are okay, but blog breaks, tweet breaks, and Facebook breaks aren’t
2) Make good quality decisions using competitive information, but don’t leverage your online networks or intelligence tools
3) Be a happy employee, but don’t be a social employee
4) Be creative and innovative; just use the antiquated tools we have given you.
5) You are an adult and a professional, but no Facebook for you!
He also includes some tweets that made me smile…..
You can read the full article over on socmedsean.com.